It is no longer enough for companies to communicate the environmental impact of their products and services without setting a target. Environmental changes are accelerating.
The goal? Take care not to exceed the planetary boundaries, that is to say, what the planet cannot support in accordance with the recommendations of the scientific community. In the case of global warming, the aim is to achieve the following resolutions:
- Reduce our carbon emissions by at least 55% by 2030, compared to 1990 levels
- Achieve carbon neutrality by 2050
As a control body, LCIE Bureau Veritas supports companies by providing them with:
- Measurement tools to engage companies in reducing the environmental footprint of their products and services
- Communication formats to monitor results and build trust with consumers
Thanks to its expertise in Life Cycle Assessment, the CODDE department is proud to belong to the BV Green Line.
Future of LCA
Since 1996, the CODDE department of LCIE Bureau Veritas evolved to meet normative and industrials requirements. Future of LCA will have to reinforce current solutions by meeting the challenges of tomorrow:
- Big data
In order to meet the low carbon strategies of 2030-2050.
To participate in the collective effort, the CODDE department of LCIE Bureau Veritas undertakes to:
- Evaluate the carbon impact of its consulting services
- Reducing the carbon impact of EIME software
- Annually update the electricity mixes of the CODDE® database
- Develop prospective electricity mixes 2030-2050 to enable companies to assess the potential impact of their future products and services, and identify tomorrow's solutions
A desirable future
The prospect of a sustainable future, where actions and decisions are taken now, drives us. LCIE Bureau Veritas acts every day.
Around the world, initiatives are multiplying to create tomorrow's society while respecting planetary boundaries.
Together, let's build a desirable future of our dreams!