Life Cycle Assessment of Digital Services
If the digital services sector is perceived as an intangible sector, the multiplication of these services is not without environmental impacts: multiplication of datacenters, increase in the volume of data exchanged on mobile networks and optical fibers, obsolescence programmed terminals, etc.
CODDE supports you in the eco-design of your digital services by carrying out the Life Cycle Assessment of your IT services, connected objects and applications.
The methodology we use is based on international standards ISO 14040/44 and the NegaOctet standard, method co-developed by LCIE Bureau Veritas and its partners (DDemain, Neutreo by APL and GreenIT.fr).
Our expertise allows us to perform Life Cycle Analyzes of your services according to your needs: simplified LCA, detailed LCA, research-oriented LCA. Our experts help you to define the right particle size.:
- Software development
- Data hosting (local or datacenter)
- Data exchange on the network
- Use of consultation terminals and connected objects
THE 3 TYPES OF DIGITAL SERVICES
From the watch connected to the car, all everyday objects are connected (pastry robot, connected lock, home automation objects ...)
All dematerialized solutions linked to new business models (online shopping, home delivery, streaming services, videoconferencing systems ...)
THE NEGAOCTET STANDARD
NegaOctet is a research project which aims to develop and test a benchmark for assessing the environmental impacts of digital services based on a life cycle analysis (LCA) approach with a view to their eco-design. in order to:
- Develop new knowledge to assess the environmental performance of software and services
- Identify good verifiable and quantifiable eco-design practices
- Enrich and update existing tools
Having an unbiased quantitative view must make it possible to significantly and effectively reduce the environmental impacts of digital services over the entire life cycle (including elements perceived as intangible for users).
The NégaOctet repository is the subject of scientific recognition recognized by ADEME and responsible experts such as AGIT, Le Club greenIT, EcoInfo and Conception Numérique Responsable.
EVALUATE YOUR DIGITAL SERVICES WITH EIME SOFTWARE
EIME software is a unique tool for quantifying the environmental impacts of digital services!
Developed within the framework of the NégaOctet repository, the sectorial database of the EIME software groups together the different basic building blocks of digital services such as:
- Data exchanged on the Internet (4G network, fiber network)
- Hosting data in data centers based on performance and customer needs
- Equipment related to hosting and data processing (switch, firewall, router, storage, ...)
- Consultation terminals (smartphone, screen, television, etc.)
- Sensors linked to connected objects (RFID chip, NFC)