Based on 36 months of research work carried out by LCIE Bureau Veritas and its partners, the NegaOctet consortium publishes a public version of the final study report
NegaOctet offers a method and tools to measure and reduce the environmental impact of digital services over their entire life cycle.
The project is based on 4 issues:
- The creation of a state of the art
- The proposal for methodological rules
- The creation of a database of life cycle inventories with four levels
- Testing the NegaOctet methodology and its databse with 12 pilot caseses
An operational methodology
The pilot cases made it possible to support the following organisations: ADEME, Airbus, Blade, Cyme, OVEA, OVH, Orange Business Service, RTE, Teads, Worldline.
The NegaOctet inventory database, available in EIME, makes it possible to reconstruct the life cycle of digital services according to the following levels:
- Level 1 - Electronic components (including detailed analysis of semiconductor impacts)cteurs)
- Level 2 - Generic and specific equipment
- Level 3 - Infrastructure
- Level 4 - Digital services
The expertise of LCIE Bureau Veritas
If you want to submit your eco-design project to LCIE Bureau Veritas, contact us for more information.